- 4/14/20 Wrapping up a two year sabbatical devoted to unreleased project work and honing functional programming capabilities.
- 4/23/20 On Resistance and Re-Entry.
- 5/20/20 Studying the Java time API.
(Download it in PDF format. )
John Meyer is an operations development lead with more than fifteen years experience in IT. His positions and consulting engagements have been at companies, firms, and agencies in the legal, finance, tech, retail and health care industries. He has a successful track record of improving operations by analyzing incidents, implementing scripting and monitoring solutions, and efficiently addressing security and compliance requirements. He was accountable for selected 24/7 custom software production support operations within a $4B global retailer, Williams Sonoma, which comprises the Pottery Barn and West Elm brands.
Most recently, he has been working on integrated infrastructure-as-a-service “IAAS” based solutions using AWS, Bash, Browserstack, Chef, Git, Hadoop, Java, Jenkins, Kinesis, Lambda, Linux, Mongo, PowerShell, Softlayer, SQL Server, RSA, S3, Splunk, SSTP VPN, VMWare, Windows and TCP/IP.
Representative accomplishments include:
- Developed continuous integration components to support automated AWS credential management, to accelerate discovery of least-privilege policies for security hardening.
- Provided technical leadership to a global team of 40 to perform a complex re-engineering of an order management system to enable supply chain management functions including fulfillment warehouse selection, estimated customer delivery date (ECDD) calculation, and sku-level / store-level order planning. The result improved customer delivery experience, enabled integrating ecom & stores inventory.
- Sunset an AS/400 by rebuilding a custom payroll system on a SQL Server web-based solution.
- Moved two teams from waterfall to agile.
- Provided outsourced IT support for The Sackett Group, implementing a VM based test lab.
- Designed and coded an infrastructure component provisioning cloud-based workstations for PCI-compliant e-commerce development. By providing a version control and branching mechanism, and an automated temporary credential creation/management system, this saved thousands of dollars in developer time.
- Performed alpha work on a universal smoke test tool for monitoring recurring regression issues which for unkown reasons are not being caught by the mainline testing processes. This system is ideal for use in an agile workflow or dev-ops toolchain.
Having started his career in a network administrator operations role, Mr. Meyer has experience as company owner, manager, product owner, project manager, senior developer and DBA. He served on Williams Sonoma’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) corporate standards committee, and has more than 20 SDLC endorsements from fellow professionals on Linked-In. His technical skills, paired with people skills, have eased technology transitions for tens of thousands of users.
Mr. Meyer has a BA in Development Studies from UC Berkeley. He continues professional development including training with University of California Extension, Dale Carnegie and the American Management Association as well as industry certifications from ITIL, Oracle (for Java development) and Microsoft (for MCSE and SQL DBA).
Mr. Meyer has participated in the annual Avon Foundation breast cancer walk with his son. He enjoys local hiking, cooking, and caring.
©2017 App-Project, LLC