- 11/21/17 Qualify first functional test to verify link URL.
- 11/15/17 Deliver site-test release 0.1.0 which includes console prompting as a security method better than storing the credential inline...
(Download it in PDF format. )
John Meyer is an operations development lead with more than fifteen years experience in IT. His positions and consulting engagements have been at companies, firms, and agencies in the legal, finance, tech, retail and health care industries. He has a successful track record of improving operations by analyzing incidents, implementing scripting and monitoring solutions, and efficiently addressing security and compliance requirements. He was accountable for selected 24/7 custom software production support operations within a $4B global retailer, Williams Sonoma, which comprises the Pottery Barn and West Elm brands.
Having started his career in a network operations role, Mr. Meyer has experience as developer, DBA, company owner, manager, product owner and project manager. He served on Williams Sonoma’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) corporate standards committee which supported Agile/Scrum and Waterfall approaches. He has more than 20 SDLC endorsements from fellow professionals on Linked-In. His deep technical skills, paired with positive people skills, have eased technology transitions for tens of thousands of users.
Most recently, he has been working on integrated infrastructure-as-a-service “IAAS” based solutions using AWS, Bash, Browserstack, Chef, Git, Hadoop, Java, Jenkins, Kinesis, Lambda, Mongo, PowerShell, Softlayer, SQL Server, RSA, S3, Splunk, SSTP VPN, VMWare and TCP/IP.
Representative accomplishments include:
- Developed continuous integration components to support automated AWS credential management, to accelerate discovery of least-privilege policies for security hardening.
- Provided technical leadership to a global team of 40 to perform a complex re-engineering of an order management system to enable supply chain management functions including fulfillment warehouse selection, estimated customer delivery date (ECDD) calculation, and sku-level / store-level order planning. The result improved customer delivery experience, enabled integrating ecom & stores inventory.
- Sunset an AS/400 by rebuilding a custom payroll system on a SQL Server web-based solution.
- Moved two teams from waterfall to agile.
- Provided outsourced IT support for The Sackett Group, implementing a VM based test lab.
- Designed and coded an infrastructure component provisioning cloud-based workstations for PCI-compliant e-commerce development. By providing a version control and branching mechanism, and an automated temporary credential creation/management system, this saved thousands of dollars in developer time.
Having started his career in a network administrator operations role, Mr. Meyer has experience as company owner, manager, product owner, project manager, senior developer and DBA. He served on Williams Sonoma’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) corporate standards committee, and has more than 20 SDLC endorsements from fellow professionals on Linked-In. His deep technical skills, paired with positive people skills, have eased technology transitions for tens of thousands of users.
Mr. Meyer has a BA in Development Studies from UC Berkeley. He continues professional development including training with University of California Extension, Dale Carnegie and the American Management Association as well as industry certifications from ITIL, Oracle (for Java development) and Microsoft (for MCSE and SQL DBA).
Mr. Meyer has participated in the annual Avon Foundation breast cancer walk with his son. He enjoys bicycling, kayaking, camping and cooking.
©2017 App-Project, LLC